To qualify for a Bright Futures Scholarship, a student must earn the minimum required test score for the desired award level. Sections of the SAT or ACT from different test dates may be used to meet the test score requirement. Currently, the minimum required test scores for students with a documented GPA are as follows:
|Florida Academic Scholars (FAS)||2014-2015, 2015-2016||1290||29|
|Florida Medallion Scholars (FMS)||2014-2015, 2015-2016||1170||26|
|Florida Gold Seal Vocational Scholars (GSV)||Please visit http://www.floridastudentfinancialaid.org/SSFAD/bf/ for more information.|
|*The writing section is excluded.|
Things to Note
- The Florida Department of Education uses the best section scores from different test dates to create the best combined score.
- SAT and ACT test scores are not mixed.
- There is no limit to the number of times a student may retake the exams.
- The writing sections of the tests are not used in the composite.
- SAT composite score is based on Critical Reading and Math sections only.
- ACT composite score is based on English, Reading, Math, and Science sections only.
When registering for an exam, request that a score report be sent to one of Florida's 12 state universities, 28 state colleges (public or community colleges), or public high schools (e.g., FLVS) so that the scores are sent to Florida's repository and will be available for Bright Futures evaluation. It does not matter if the student has attended or plans to attend the designated school, college, or university.
Test scores earned for test dates through June 30 are admissible for summer eligibility.