Middle and high school students enrolled at Aspiring Heights Academy are eligible to take middle and high school level courses under the FLVS Flex program. Students sign up as Private School Students enrolled at Aspiring Heights Academy, not as Homeschooled Students. You will find our school listed as Sarasota-Aspiring Heights Academy under the Choose a County option. Please see our Florida Virtual School FAQs for answers to frequently asked questions.
How it Works
- Student selects courses. Private school students may select up to six courses at a time.
- Student sets up an account. Remember to select our school. Students with existing accounts will need to change their physical school to Aspiring Heights Academy. See our FAQs for more information.
- Parents set up an account. Optional; we recommend.
- We approve the requested courses. We are required to verify that the selected courses are appropriate based on the student's academic history, age, and grade level, and that any applicable prerequisites have been met.
- Classrooms are assigned. This can take anywhere from a couple of days to a couple of weeks.
A Few Links You May Find Helpful
Here are a few links you may find helpful both before and after enrollment at FLVS.
- About Florida Virtual School Click here to learn more about FLVS.
- Middle and High School Course List Click here to learn about the courses offered to Florida students.
- Sample Course Progression Recommendations Look here for guidance on which course(s) to take.
- Florida Virtual School's Library This is a great resource for all students (whether FLVS students or not).
- Parent/Guardian Account Create your account here to monitor your child's account and courses.
- Transcript Request Click here to request an official transcript.
A Note About End-of-Course (EOC) Assessments
Private school students are not required to take EOC assessments, however they may take them, if desired. Please read End-of-Course (EOC) Assessments for more information.