Students enrolled at Aspiring Heights Academy are eligible to take elementary level courses under the FLVS Flex Elementary program (grades K–5) and middle and high school level courses under the FLVS Flex program (grades 6–12). Students sign up as Private School Students enrolled at Aspiring Heights Academy, not as Homeschooled Students.
- For FLVS Flex, you will first select Sarasota-Aspiring Heights Academy under Choose a County, and then choose Private School Student under Choose a Student Type.
- For FLVS Flex Elementary, you will first select Private School under Select the type of school your child will attend, then select Sarasota County under Select the county your child will reside in, and then select Aspiring Heights Academy under Select the school your child will attend.
Please read our Florida Virtual School FAQs for registration tips and answers to frequently asked questions.
How it Works
- Student or parent starts the sign up process. Be sure to select our county/school (see above). Students with existing accounts only need to change their physical school to Aspiring Heights Academy. See our FAQs for more information.
- Student or parent selects courses. Under FLVS Flex, private school students may select up to six courses at a time. (Selecting both segments in a two segment course counts as one course.) Under FLVS Flex Elementary, parents may select from specific "bundles." With the exception of Spanish, FLVS Flex Elementary courses are not available a la carte.
- Student or parent finishes creating an account.
- Parents set up a separate parent account. Optional; we recommend.
- We verify the requested courses. We are required to verify that the selected courses are appropriate based on the student's academic history, age, and grade level, and that any applicable prerequisites have been met.
- Classrooms are assigned. This can take anywhere from a couple of days to a couple of weeks.
A Few Links You May Find Helpful
Here are a few links you may find helpful both before and after enrollment at FLVS.
- FLVS Flex Click here to learn more about FLVS Flex.
- FLVS Elementary Click here to learn about FLVS' elementary course bundles.
- Sample Course Progression Recommendations Look here for guidance on which course(s) students typically take.
- Florida Virtual School's Library This is a great resource for all students (whether FLVS students or not).
- Parent/Guardian Account Create your account here to monitor your child's account and courses.
- Transcript Request Click here to request an official transcript.
A Note About End-of-Course (EOC) Assessments
Private school students are not required to take EOC assessments, however they may take them, if desired. Please read End-of-Course (EOC) Assessments for more information.
Public school students are required to pass EOC assessments in order to earn course credit and meet public high school graduation requirements. If your child may at some point enter or return to a public school, we highly recommend your child takes these tests.
Students who have not earned the required passing score on the Algebra 1 EOC Assessment may earn a comparative passing score on the respective section of the Postsecondary Education Readiness Test (PERT) to meet public high school graduation requirements. (6A-1.094223)