A transcript is record of courses, credits and grades earned at a school. An official transcript is one that is sent directly from the administrator of the school where the credit is earned to our school. An unofficial transcript is one that is sent to us by the student or parent. With the exception of extracurricular activities, students who wish to earn an Aspiring Heights Academy High School Diploma must have all courses, credits, and grades documented on official school transcripts.
We accept transcripts from the following schools:
- Florida Virtual School (FLVS). FLVS documents courses, final grades, and credits earned on official and unofficial student transcripts.
- Community Colleges/Universities (Dual Enrollment). Community colleges and universities document dual enrollment courses, final grades, and credits earned on official and unofficial transcripts.
- Accredited Correspondence Schools (Distance Learning). Many schools offering distance learning services provide transcripts documenting courses, final grades and credits earned. Correspondence schools must be recognized as a school by the state in which it is operating. Courses must meet Florida standards.
- Accredited Private Schools. Transcripts must document courses, final grades, and credits earned. Private schools must be recognized as a school by the state in which it is operating.
- Public School. Official records and transcripts are available from the records department. Records must document courses, final grades, and credits earned.
We understand that many families want to use parent created curriculum or use curriculum products from publishers such as Abeka, Sonlight, and Switched on Schoolhouse. However, in order to minimize the chances of our diplomas not being accepted as valid by colleges, universities, or employers, we require that all core coursework is documented on transcripts from state recognized schools. We do not calculate grades or assign credits or accept parent calculated grades or assigned credits. That said, even though we require official transcripts, the acceptance of our diplomas cannot be guaranteed.